Monday, February 5, 2007

Jesus is comming back. And the dude better have my Doritos.

This happend awhile ago and it, like all things of memory, may be somewhat embellished by time. The point though is what is important here. I was sitting and play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Just like driving things into other things for fun, when I get a phone call. I answer it and it turns out to be a Jehovas Witness. Telemarketing for converts, this would be wierd enough cuz i knew the question "Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?" Would happen eventually. I respond " NO, actually, im a taoist."
The Phone went dead for a few seconds and I said "Hello?" The response was " I'm... I'm sorry i dont even know what that is." here Im trying not to laugh. "well thats okay no one seems to." I respond. " I explain the basic a few times a month to people. What it basically mean is that I follow an asian karmic based system to govern my actions." " oh are you an asian?" she asks " No I'm as anglo as they come I just cant deal with the inner politics of christianity in a primarily christian country, It just seems like its run like a buisness to me." she replies " Uh-huh. Well then you have a nice day now." In an uncomfortable voice and then hangs up.
This is the best response I've had to anyone who has asked me. Due to some irritating neighbors in a previous abode making Jehovas Witnesses uncomfortable is an oft unrecognized joy of mine. If a somewhat guilty pleasure. But the response is far from unique. Every person I tell asks me to explain it. and i dont really mind its just I would like to find a few people who really already understand it so I at least can avoid the inevitable religion discusion.

2 comments:

b.mro said...

Reminds me of the time my mom started turning the hose on a pushy JW.

Ivory said...

you believe in something karmic based?....really?